Code of Ethics
Under all circumstances, the CACEA member shall abide by the following:
CACEA members shall;
- Hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public, the protection of the environment and promote health and safety within the workplace;
- exercise their duties with integrity, fairness and impartiality and shall not be influenced by conflicting interests;
- uphold, maintain and, by means possible, strive to promote and improve the professional integrity and reputation of the Energy Advisor profession;
- always stay within the scope of expertise of the individual Energy Advisor. The Advisor shall also ensure to provide counsel /consultation only within their scope and expertise and consider the consequence of such counsel/consultation;
- always act in good faith towards all parties involved;
- always remain truthful and honest and will disclose any possible situations of conflict of interest to all involved;
- Evaluators shall avoid conflicts of interest or activities that compromise, or appear to compromise, professional independence, objectivity, or the integrity of all professional duties;
- Respect the privacy of parties involved and protect data and information that may be sensitive or private;
- Offer services, advise on or undertake Energy Advisor roles only in areas of their competence, training and practice in a careful and diligent manner and in compliance with the applicable program or building code.
- Report to their Association or other appropriate agencies and hazardous, illegal or unethical professional decisions or practices made from fellow members, Licenced Service Organizations, or others in the industry.
- Abide by the Code of Ethics, and Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest in Appendix B of the EnerGuide Rating System V15.1 Administrative Procedures.